18th Edition Electrical Course (3 day course) = £500 inc vat (£416.67 excl vat)
This is our 3 day electrical 18th edition course which will be classroom based to get you through the 18th edition. This course will give you current knowledge of BS7671:2018 and ensure you have the understanding to fully comply with the industry required qualification for the 18th Edition Regulations.
On attendance of the course, you will need the following:- IET Requirements for Electrical Installations BS7671:2018. On the 3rd day of the course there will be a 60 question on-line assessment.
This regulated RQF qualification in the requirements of electrical installations has been designed to allow learners to demonstrate their knowledge and understanding of the 18th Edition of the Wiring Regulations. This qualification (or similar) maybe required for operatives wishing to join some Electrical Registration Bodies, Competent Person Schemes or the Microgeneration Scheme.
The objective of this RQF qualification is for learners to demonstrate they know and understand:
- the scope, object and fundamental principles of BS7671
- the definitions used within BS7671,
- how to assess the general characteristics of electrical installations
- the requirements of protection for safety of electrical installations
- the requirements for selection and erection of equipment for electrical installations
- the requirements of inspection and testing of electrical installations
- the requirements of special installations and locations as identified in BS7671
- the information contained within the appendices of BS7671.
There are no formal pre-requisites to this qualification but it is recommended that candidates should have suitable knowledge of electrical theory and ideally be working within the electrical or a related industry.
The guided learning hours (GLH) and training route for this qualification may vary depending on whether the learner holds a qualification covering the requirements of BS7671 (2015) or not, details are provided below:
- Full GLH and assessment route: Normally 3 days (35 hr) followed by the 60 question on-line assessment.
- RPL GLH and assessment route: Experienced Learners must produce an original BS7671:2008 (2015) certificate to the centre (an authenticated electronic copy is to be retained within the learners portfolios) Learners may undertake a 1 day guided learning session covering the differences in this version of the Regulations followed by a 60 question on-line assessment as detailed above.
- Assessment only route; Experienced learners may choose to undertake the examination without being required to undertake any guided learning input or alternately have utilised one of the on-line training platforms. Undertaking this route must meet the requirements of 2 above. Followed by a 60 question on-line assessment as detailed above.
YTA is the UK’s premier training centre for construction training and assessment backed up by outstanding independent customer reviews on www.reveiws.co.uk (5 out of 5!)
|Pay deposit to start 3 day 18th Edition course on 24/02/2020 £200.00|
|Pay in full to start 3 day 18th Edition course on 24/02/2020 £500.00|
|Pay deposit to start 3 day 18th Edition course on 11/05/2020 £200.00|
|Pay in full to start 3 day 18th Edition course on 11/05/2020 £500.00|
If you are looking to learn electrics then also offer a full 20 day (4 week) electrical course covering domestic electric installer with the 18th edition qualification included.
To book please phone the YTA Team
YTA TRAINING AND ASSESSMENT
Unit 12a Factory Street, Dudley Hill, Bradford, BD4 9NW, West Yorkshire.
Or for more information please fill in the below enquiry form.
Courses are held every week Monday to Friday.
All Course Times are: 09.00am – 16.00pm