This 5 day advanced plumbing course is aimed at expanding on the first week plumbing course and developing your knowledge of what the first week courses leave you with. Although we do cover heating systems and installing a 2 or 3 radiator system on the first week, on the advanced plumbing course you will complete a fitting of a domestic hot water storage system. The course will also expand on the bathroom side and a full suite including thermostatic mixer shower and all traps, waste pipes including soil pipe and stack will be fitted. Rainwater guttering, hoppers and drainage will also be covered.
Topics covered in the advanced plumbing course:
- Install a domestic hot water storage system
- Fit an indirect cylinder
- Understand central heating plans and different cylinders used
- Fit header tanks and gate valves
- Use copper pipe, plastic pipe, compression fittings, end feed & soldler ring fittings
- Fit radiators including TRV’s (thermostatic radiator valves)
- Central heating fault finding
- Fit a shower pump
- Fit a thermostatic mixer shower
- Fit a bathroom and commission under water pressure
- Fit all bathroom traps, wastes and soil pipes and commission with water
- Install and understand rainwater guttering, hoppers and drainage
The advanced plumbing course is £450 including vat and runs approximately every other week. The course has a maximum of 6 students per course.