New 5 star YTA review following the completion of our 10 day Cskills level 1 certificate in carpentry & joinery.
Kieran Smolka – Level 1 Carpentry & Joinery Course
An excellent 2 weeks doing the level 1 carpentry and joinery course, the trainer was patient and very knowledgeable, he gave lots of tips and tricks to help. An easy company to deal with and I felt they are value for money. Hopefully I will be back to do my level 2 in the future.
Thank you Kieran for a great 5 star YTA review. Once you have gained a minimum of 3 years experience we can then look at you enrolling onto the NVQ level 2 in either site carpentry or bench joinery.
During the 10 day Level 1 Certificate in and joinery course and you will undertake 5 assessments to achieve a FULL nationally accredited qualification (NOCN Cskills Level 1 Certificate in Carpentry and Joinery).
You will be trained and assessed on the following units:
- NOCN Cskills Level 1 unit Health and Safety in construction trades
- NOCN Cskills Level 1 unit Communication effectively in construction trades
- NOCN Cskills Level 1 unit construct woodworking joints
- NOCN Cskills Level 1 unit fit architrave and skirting
- NOCN Cskills Level 1 unit fit ironmongery to an internal door
NOCN Cskills (Construction Skills) (formally CITB) are the awarding body for construction NVQ’s so the Cskills brand and logos are well known within the construction industry.
The full qualification you will complete over the 10 days will be NOCN Cskills Level 1 Certificate in Carpentry and Joinery and this will show potential employers or customers your competence in your chosen trade. This 10 day Cskills level 1 Certificate in carpentry and joinery course is ideal if you are wanting to start a career in carpentry and eventually move on to gain your Cskills NVQ level 2 in Site Carpentry. No previous experience in carpentry & joinery is necessary before completing this course.
Throughout the course you will cover many aspects of carpentry and joinery including:
- Build a stud partition wall with a doorway
- Hang a door including fitting of locks
- Fitting of skirting and mouldings with external and internal corners
- Scribing joints to fit mouldings and skirting
- Site carpentry operations included in second fixings
- Resources required to fix mouldings
- Fixing mouldings
- Terms used in partitioning
- Resources required to carry out partitioning
- Produce and assemble studwork partition
- Variety of tools used and explained in carpentry and joinery
Kieran Smolka – 5 Star YTA Review
We really do appreciate all the feedback and fantastic reviews that we keep receiving at YTA be it through the official reviews website, facebook or even instagram. Thank you and please keep the 5 star reviews coming in, we love to read them!
YTA Training And Assessment Ltd
Unit 12a Factory Street, Dudley Hill, Bradford, BD4 9NW