Update following the Prime Ministers briefing on 31.10.2020 regarding the 2nd lockdown restrictions from 5.11.2020.
- YTA will remain open and adhere to the government guidance and the below rules and regulations within the training centre.
- YTA is a private limited company but offers nationally recognised qualifications and is a government registered UK learner provider (see here) YTA UKRPN number: 10056331. Under the 2nd lockdown rules we will remain open as an education setting.
- Government guidance (see here) is that travel is permitted for education and deemed essential travel.
Further details can be found on the YTA COVID-19 PAGE.
YTA is open 8:30am to 5pm as usual
***** All courses are now up running *****
We are open and our top priority is keeping staff and students safe. Our training centre & office is open 8:30am to 5pm Monday – Friday. Please call our office on 01274682199.
We have the following rules & regulations in place to help keep everyone safe:
- 2m floor indicators around the centre
- track and trace signage / QR code as you enter the building.
- hand sanitiser wall mounted dispensers around the training centre, office and the entrance/ exit to the building
- hand wash facilities and disposable latex gloves provided throughout the centre as usual.
- some training bays are only half height so we have built clear perspex screens to a suitable height so once students are in their bays they can maintain social distance by way of a barrier/ screen/ wall.
- depending on students numbers, break times may be staggered and we may not be able to accommodate every student a place to eat their lunch inside our centre whilst also maintaining 2m distances at all times. We will ask students to eat their lunch in their car/ van whilst we give students attending via public transport priority seating inside the building for their lunch
- we will limit the amount of tool sharing as much as possible. Everyone will be provided with a set of tools to use for the duration of their course but some tools will need to be shared such as large tiles cutters, mixing drills and pressure testers. Wearing gloves whilst using these will be advised or use the hand sanitiser.
- wearing a face-mask inside the building will be mandatory when a 2m social distance can not be maintained, for example:
– during some types of training such as 1 to 1 training
– small group lectures where the group may be stood near each other
– whilst walking through areas narrower than 2m where other students or staff may also walkthrough or past
This is to help keep everybody safe. The face-mask provided will be free of charge and a new one will be provided each day if required, this way everyone is able to wear a regulated good quality face-mask.
We are not sure how long we will need these rules and procedures in place but I feel it is a good way of trying to keep everybody safe. If you would like to cancel your course then we can refund your course fee or re-schedule for a time when the above rules can be relaxed. We will expect all students and staff to adhere to the above measures. Safety in these unprecedented times is our top priority.
Thank you. Stay safe.
Below: A gallery showing what we have implemented around the centre.
YTA Training And Assessment Ltd
Unit 12a Factory Street, Dudley Hill, Bradford, BD4 9NW