£625 inc vat
This Multi-Skill DIY course is aimed at enthusiastic DIY’ers wishing to learn additional skills or reassure themselves before undertaking big projects.
Past students for this course have been school or college caretakers, DIY’ers, Trades Apprentices and First Time Home owners looking for more insight possibly to undertake smaller jobs with a little more confidence or as a taster before completing our 5 and 10 days courses..
This course will give you enough knowledge in three trades to enable you to carry out basic tasks in plumbing, tiling, plastering or carpentry & joinery. Please just choose 3 out of the 4 trades.
The Course is 5 Days and you can choose 3 out of the 4 trades: plumbing, tiling, plastering or carpentry & joinery:
- Fit Kitchen Sink Taps
- Plumb in Kitchen Sink
- Plumb up to dishwasher/washing machine (hot & cold)
- Fit kitchen sink waste
- Fit kitchen sink trap
- Pressure test up to full working pressure
- Change tap washer and repair tap
- Work with solder, compression & plastic joints
- Work with copper and plastic pipework
- Work with flexible and solder (end feed) tap connectors
- Plumbing tools and their uses
- Surface Preparation and Priming
- Setting out a kitchen
- Tile a kitchen
- Grout a kitchen
- Tiling tools and their uses
- Glue and skim plastering practice
- Plaster a wall or ceiling (both if you have time)
- Work with setting plastering trims
- Plastering tools and their uses
Carpentry & Joinery
- Learn to use woodworking tools
- Create various woodworking joints
- Practice fitting hinges / door locks / latches. Time dependent on individual student.
You will also receive course information folders on all the above trades for future reference.
Extra content covered on every YTA course
- Tricks of the trade throughout the course
- Full Measuring and In-Depth Quoting based on your full size kitchens and bathrooms.
- Marketing Techniques
- Business cards, logo design and how to advertise
- Insurance, TAX, CIS scheme and CSCS cards
- Business Start Up
- Course progression and NVQ’s
Please feel free to arrange a visit prior to booking. Take the tour and have a chat to students actually on the course.
|5 Day Multi-Skill DIY Course||Call to book|
We run this course every week. Please call the office or email to check availability.
Unit 12a Factory Street, Dudley Hill, Bradford, BD4 9NW, West Yorkshire.
For more information please phone or fill in the enquiry form on the contact page
Courses are held every week Monday to Friday.
All Course Times are: 9.00am – 16.00pm