£500 inc vat
This Multi-Skill DIY course is aimed at enthusiastic DIY’ers wishing to learn additional skills or reassure themselves before undertaking big projects.
Past students for this course have been school or college caretakers, DIY’ers, Trades Apprentices and First Time Home owners.
This course will give you enough knowledge to enable you to carry out basic tasks in plumbing, tiling and plastering.
The Course is 5 Days and you will cover the following topics in plumbing, tiling and plastering:
- Fit Kitchen Sink Taps
- Plumb in Kitchen Sink
- Plumb up to dishwasher/washing machine (hot & cold)
- Fit kitchen sink waste
- Fit kitchen sink trap
- Pressure test up to full working pressure
- Change tap washer and repair tap
- Work with solder, compression & plastic joints
- Work with copper and plastic pipework
- Work with flexible and solder (end feed) tap connectors
- Plumbing tools and their uses
- Surface Preparation and Priming
- Setting out a kitchen
- Tile a kitchen
- Grout a kitchen
- Tiling tools and their uses
- Glue and skim plastering practice
- Plaster a wall or ceiling (both if you have time)
- Work with setting plastering trims
- Plastering tools and their uses
You will also receive course information folders on all the above trades for future reference.
Extra content covered on every YTA course
- Tricks of the trade throughout the course
- Full Measuring and In-Depth Quoting based on your full size kitchens and bathrooms.
- Marketing Techniques
- Business cards, logo design and how to advertise
- Insurance, TAX, CIS scheme and CSCS cards
- Business Start Up
- Course progression and NVQ’s
Please feel free to arrange a visit prior to booking. Take the tour and have a chat to students actually on the course.
We run this course every week. Please call the office or email to check availability.
To book please phone or the YTA Team
YTA TRAINING AND ASSESSMENT LTD
Unit 12a Factory Street, Dudley Hill, Bradford, BD4 9NW, West Yorkshire.
For more information please phone or fill in the enquiry form on the contact page
Courses are held every week Monday to Friday.
All Course Times are: 9.00am – 16.00pm